A letter from our Founder and CEO, Robert Reffkin:
As we celebrated the first decade of Compass, I couldn't be more excited, focused and confident about building for the next decade — continuing this incredible journey that has already solidified Compass as the #1 residential real estate brokerage in America. Each of you did that! Congratulations!
I wanted to start by taking a look at the incredible and historic achievements we made together this past year:
- We became the #1 residential real estate brokerage in America, surpassing companies that have been operating for decades and even over a century (RealTrends)
- In less than 10 years Compass was one of the youngest companies to ever become a Fortune 500 company— meaning one of the top 500 companies by revenue in the entire country.
- The Compass referral network is one of the most powerful referral networks in the entire industry. There were almost 8,000 Compass-to-Compass referrals across the country in 2022!
- We’ve invested $1 billion in building our technology platform to enhance your income potential and the quality of service you provide your clients, more than any other real estate company in history has invested in you, and continue to build the industry’s first agent technology platform that allows you to go from first contact with a client all the way to closing in one place.
- Compass is home to 18% of the Real Trends / WSJ top 1000 Agents & Teams by volume, the highest percentage of any company.
- Since we launched Compass Cares, we’ve given back $2.6M to 250+ organizations nationwide, touching thousands of lives.
- Even while facing challenging times in the market, we continued to attract the industry’s best professionals, growing to nearly 30,000 agents nationally.
- Even though the real estate market declined nationally, Compass’ share of the market grew by 7% in the United States over the prior 12 month period ending in Q3 2022.
- But none of this captures the impact each of you have every day helping people find their new home, grandparents move closer to their grandchildren, and families purchase their first home together. The role you play in people’s lives is invaluable.