The Wall Street Journal has named Austin as the #2 emerging housing market in the U.S. Rapid population growth fueled by a steady job market and high quality of life are contributing to the housing boom here in Austin.
Key Market Stats:
- Home values in Austin have increased by 12.8% year-over-year and are predicted to grow by another 11.6% in 2021.
- Over the past five years home values in Austin have increased by over 38%.
- Sales prices for homes in Austin have increased by 19% year-over-year.
- Active listings of homes in Austin have decreased by 55% compared to the same time last year.
- Of the 75 neighborhoods in Austin, Realtor.com reports that Tarrytown is the most expensive with a median listing price of $1.5 million.
Find out more about what is driving the housing demand in Austin here.